Monday, August 5, 2013

Week 30 update

How far along: 30 weeks... its the final countdown!

Total weight gain: 25 lbs

Maternity clothes: Still wearing a mix of maternity and pre-pregnancy clothes. I bought a maternity scrub top for work and is so much more comfortable.

Stretch marks: No, and hoping it stays that way. I'm alternating between using Palmer's cocoa butter, Mustela, and bio oil twice a day.

Sleep: Waking up 3-4 times in the night to use the restroom. I'm waking up with hip pain but it goes away quickly. It feels like I'm sore from a big workout. Even though my sleep is interrupted a few times in the night, I'm getting 7-10 hours of sleep a night.

Miss anything? I miss being comfortable and feeling thin. Everything is harder now- getting dressed, putting shoes on, getting in & out of my car, and painting my toes in between pedicures is out of the question. I also miss raw sushi, especially tuna.

Exercise: I didn't workout last week because I hurt my foot. I don't know how it happened but I woke up one morning feeling like the top of my foot was bruised and it hurt to walk. I've been icing it and elevating it hoping it gets better. But before I hurt my foot I was going to the gym for cardio a few times a week and take a step/weight class once a week, do my pregnancy workout DVD a few times a week, and we take Lily on walks a few days a week. I've been pretty good at sticking to doing something active five days a week.

Movement: The kicks are becoming stronger and more often, more like jolts. He's especially active when I'm laying on my side and sometimes it keeps me up at night. I've been starting to feel him slightly under my ribs and can feel an elbow or knee rolling. I don't see anything poking out yet but that area gets hard when he does it.

Food cravings: Still craving chocolate milk. Other than that I haven't been craving anything else, but loving grapes and ice water.

Anything make you queasy/sick? Car sickness.

Have you started to show yet: Definitely. People can be so rude commenting on the size of my belly asking if I'm carrying multiples or if I'm going to pop any day, and saying I'm "huge". Maybe I'm extra sensitive but it hurts my feelings. Ugh... 10 more weeks.

Gender: Boy! After my first baby shower last weekend and getting the nursery together I feel a little bit more prepared and can't wait to meet our baby boy!
 
Belly button in or out: In, but its getting shallow.

Wedding rings on or off: On.

Symptoms: Heartburn is back, I feel uncomfortable from a tight stomach and I have a faint line down my belly aka the linea nigra. Also getting "pregnancy mask"- I have a dark patch on my right cheek and forehead and have been wearing spf 30 everyday hoping it doesn't get worse. I'm waking up with hip pain & I've been napping a lot. Also I have what I think is sciatica back pain, its only on my left side but is so painful.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy but like I said above I'm extra sensitive.

Looking forward to: My family baby shower on Saturday! My aunts are throwing it and I can't wait to see my family.


1 comment:

  1. Ignore rude people. You are doing great with the weight gain, the baby has a lot of fluid surrounding him which is what your doc wants. Anyone who comments that you look big/huge/etc. is an idiot.

    ReplyDelete