Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 36 update

How far along: 36 weeks
Total weight gain: I've stopped weighing myself daily. It worked for me to keep myself on track before I was pregnant, but its gotten discouraging. I will just go off of the scale at my weekly Dr appts now.

Maternity clothes: Still wearing a mix of maternity and pre-pregnancy clothes (mainly only pre-preg maxi skirts and some dresses.) My pre-pregnancy maxi dresses are now too short. I'm starting to hate getting dressed and sick of rotating between my few outfits.

Stretch marks: No, and hoping it stays that way. I'm alternating between using Palmer's cocoa butter, Mustela, and bio oil twice a day.

Sleep: Waking up 3-4 times in the night to use the restroom. I wake up with hip pain which goes away quickly but it wakes me up at night because it hurts so bad. It feels like I'm sore from a big workout. I get insomnia 1-2 times a week where I can't fall back asleep for hours.

Miss anything? I miss being comfortable and being thin. Everything is harder now especially getting dressed and putting shoes on. I also miss raw sushi, especially tuna. I could also go for a mimosa, maybe because its football season.

Exercise: I go to the gym for cardio a few times a week, do my pregnancy workout DVD a few times a week, and we take Lily on walks a few days a week. I've stopped going to my step/weight class because its too hard now but I've been pretty good at sticking to doing something active five days a week. I miss my pre-pregnancy workouts and being able to do an intense workout.

Movement: He's been really active lately, especially when I'm laying on my side and sometimes it keeps me up at night. I've been feeling him under my ribs and can feel an elbow or knee rolling. I don't see anything poking out yet but that area gets hard when he does it. Sometimes he kicks so hard that it makes me jump.

Food cravings: This is a weird one- celery with peanut butter (I've never liked celery, but its been so good lately.) Also ice cream, grapes, and these vanilla cupcake goldfish... they're soo good.

Anything make you queasy/sick? Car sickness.

Have you started to show yet: Definitely. I'm so sick of strangers asking when I'm due and what I'm having... and of course I'm sick of their comments. People are so rude. If I could stay home all day everyday I would to avoid it.

Gender: Boy!

Belly button in or out: In, but its getting really shallow now, almost flat.

Wedding rings on or off: On, but I've been swollen because of our hot weather which makes them hard to get off at times. I've been wearing my engagement ring with only one wedding band instead of two because my hands have been too swollen.

Symptoms: Heartburn has really calmed down thank goodness, that was the worst symptom I've experienced. I have a lot of pressure on my bladder lately, maybe he has dropped a little? I feel uncomfortable from a tight stomach and I have a faint line down my belly aka the linea nigra. Also have "pregnancy mask"- I have a dark patch on my right cheek and forehead and have been wearing spf 30 everyday hoping it doesn't get worse. I'm waking up with hip pain. Also I have sciatica back pain, its only on my left side but is so painful. I've been super tired and needing a 1-2 hour nap every day and would sleep more if I could. Also my feet have started to swell, which might be related to the heat. On a positive note my hair is long and full and I get tan quickly.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy. I'm getting anxious about the labor and pre-labor, I worry that my water will break in public like the scene in the Sex & the City movie.

Looking forward to: Our Dr appt tomorrow. We get an ultrasound, we haven't gotten one in about two months and can't wait to see our lil guy. Also looking forward to finishing packing my hospital bag. I just washed all of the baby's clothes & blankets, maybe this will help me to feel a little more prepared.

3 comments:

  1. Love your 36th week photo!! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Anna - you look great! Anxious to see you this weekend. Our little prince will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete