Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Week 37 update

How far along: 37 weeks... baby is considered full term!
 
Total weight gain: Fluctuate between 38-40lbs

Maternity clothes: Still wearing a mix of maternity and pre-pregnancy clothes (mainly only pre-preg maxi skirts and some dresses.) My pre-pregnancy maxi dresses are now too short. I'm starting to hate getting dressed and sick of rotating between my few outfits.

Stretch marks: No, and hoping it stays that way. I'm alternating between using Palmer's cocoa butter, Mustela, and bio oil twice a day.

Sleep: Sleep is very uncomfortable these days. Between the horrible hip pain that wakes me up at night to the tossing & turning with a giant belly, sleep is no longer enjoyable. I'm still waking up several times a night to go to the bathroom and I get insomnia 1-2 times a week where I can't fall back asleep for hours.

Miss anything? I miss being comfortable and being thin. Everything is harder now especially getting dressed and putting shoes on. I also miss raw sushi, especially tuna. I could also go for a mimosa, maybe because its football season.

Exercise: I go to the gym for cardio a few times a week (I do the elliptical or walk on the treadmill), do my pregnancy workout DVD a few times a week, and we take Lily on walks a few days a week. I've stopped going to my step/weight class because its too hard now but I've been pretty good at sticking to doing something active five days a week. I miss my pre-pregnancy workouts and being able to do an intense workout.

Movement: He's pretty cramped now so the movements have turned into a lot of pushing and poking. He gets the hiccups a few times a day too.

Food cravings: Nothing really but I craved a grilled cheese sandwich for two days. Still loving sweets as always.

Anything make you queasy/sick? Car sickness.

Have you started to show yet: Definitely. I'm so sick of strangers asking when I'm due and what I'm having... and of course I'm sick of their comments. People are so rude. If I could stay home all day everyday I would to avoid it.

Gender: Boy!

Over the weekend we went to our last nice dinner for a while before the baby comes. We went to Stonehill Tavern at the St Regis (it was SO delicious!) Even though my mom will want to babysit, it was nice to enjoy one last date night just us two.

 
Belly button in or out: In, but its getting really shallow now, almost flat.

Wedding rings on or off: On, but they're hard to get off at times. I've been wearing my engagement ring with only one wedding band instead of two.

Symptoms: Menstrual cramps, lower back pain, and I have a lot of pressure on my bladder lately because he has dropped. I feel uncomfortable all the time. I have a faint line down my belly aka the linea nigra. Also have "pregnancy mask"- I have a dark patch on my right cheek and forehead and have been wearing spf 30 everyday hoping it doesn't get worse. I'm waking up with hip pain. Also I have sciatica back pain, its only on my left side but is so painful. I've been super tired and needing a 1-2 hour nap every day and would sleep more if I could. Also my feet have started to swell, which might be related to the heat. On a positive note my hair is long and full and I get tan quickly.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy... and anxious, nervous, excited, scared, etc.

Looking forward to: Meeting our baby! It feels like I have been pregnant forever, but at the same time these last few months have flown by. He will be here before we know it! (I hope.) Also this is my last week of work before I go on maternity leave- yay!

 
Labor signs: Baby has dropped and is engaged in my pelvis and I'm 50% effaced, no dilation just yet. I have weekly checkups now.

4 comments:

  1. two days after i had the most intense menstrual cramps...he came out! I couldn't even sleep that well.. He will be here before you know it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooo excited! It's almost time and you're doing so great. Now that you got your hurr did it's on! lol Can't wait to be an unofficial auntie! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our little gem will be here before we know it! I cannot wait to hold and kiss this little nugget!! Kristen - I can relate ... I can't wait to be a grandma!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm home! Baby is now welcomed to make his debut!!!

    ReplyDelete