Sunday, June 23, 2013

Week 24 update

How far along: 24 weeks
Total weight gain: 15/16 lbs

Maternity clothes: Still wearing a lot of maxi skirts & dresses and the belly band comes in handy when I wear my pre-pregnancy jeans & shorts. I need to buy some maternity gym clothes but haven't found any cheap ones. I bought some non-maternity gym clothes at Target, including a size large sports bra. I never thought I'd see the day, I always get small, but my old ones are now too uncomfortable.

Stretch marks: No, and hoping it stays that way. I'm alternating between using Palmer's cocoa butter, Mustela, and bio oil twice a day. I thought I saw some one night on my lower back when I was staying at a hotel but haven't seen them since, so I'm really hoping it was just the lighting or lines from my clothes.

Sleep: Waking up 1 or 2 times in the night to use the restroom and its getting harder to fall asleep. I tried the body pillow again but its just too bulky so I've been trying to sleep with a small pillow in between my legs. I'm now really sensitive with my pajamas, having to wear them inside out because the seams dig into me while sleeping and are so uncomfortable. I'm going to look for seamless pajamas if there is a such thing.

Miss anything? I miss being comfortable. I'm not as uncomfortable as last week, but sitting & especially driving makes me feel like I can't breathe. I feel like my torso is too short or something. I also miss shopping for clothes. Its SO hard to find cute maternity clothes and I'm running out of options.

Exercise: I go to the gym for a step/weight class once a week, do my pregnancy workout DVD a few times a week, and we take Lily on walks a few days a week. I've been pretty good at sticking to doing something active five days a week. This week I went to the gym twice for cardio.

Movement: The kicks are becoming stronger and more often, more like jolts. Andrew can tell that they're stronger too and you can really see him kick from the outside.

Food cravings: Nothing really but I've been loving grapes, peaches, ice cream, and ice water.

Anything make you queasy/sick? Car sickness

Have you started to show yet: Definitely, but for some reason I don't feel as big as I did last week.

Gender: Boy! We registered at Babies R Us today, it was so fun!
Belly button in or out: In, but its starting to get more shallow.

Wedding rings on or off: On.

Symptoms: Still getting headaches, but lately only during the work week. I didn't get them on the weekend or when I worked from home one day last week. Trying to pinpoint why I get them (I think traffic is to blame.) I feel full easily and uncomfortable and I have a faint line down my belly aka the linea nigra. But I feel great and have a lot of energy.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy
 
Looking forward to: Seeing our lil guy at our Dr appt this week! Also looking forward to continuing to decorate the nursery. Andrew painted it over the weekend and it looks so good! I think it will be my favorite room in the house when its finished.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully you can get comfy while sleeping. The lil guy kicking is so fun! The nursery looks great and when done it will be super! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete