Monday, June 3, 2013

Week 21 update

How far along: 21 weeks
Total weight gain: 12/13lbs. Double digits eek!

Maternity clothes: Still wearing a lot of maxi skirts & dresses and the belly band comes in handy when I wear my pre-pregnancy jeans & shorts.

Stretch marks: No, and hoping it stays that way. I'm alternating between using Palmer's cocoa butter, Mustela, and bio oil twice a day.

Sleep: Waking up 1 or 2 times in the night to use the restroom and waking up with a sore shoulder from sleeping on my side, but I'm sleeping pretty well. I'm thinking of getting one of those body pillows but I don't want to feel claustrophobic. Has anyone used one?

Miss anything? I still miss spicy tuna, I don't think that will go away until I can actually eat it. I also miss sleeping through the night and sleeping on my stomach.

Exercise: I go to the gym for a step/weight class once a week, do my pregnancy workout DVD a few times a week, and we take Lily on walks a few days a week. I've been pretty good at sticking to doing something active five days a week.

Movement: Yes! Kicking everyday and hiccups occasionally too. The kicks are becoming stronger and more often. Even Lily got to feel him kick the other day! (He was kicking when Lily was on my lap so I put her paw where he was kicking to get this pic)
 
Food cravings: Nothing really but I've been eating a lot of fruit and salads with ranch dressing. I finally got my Twix fix and thank goodness my chocolate cravings have calmed down a bit.

Anything make you queasy/sick? Car sickness. We were in pretty bad traffic and had to pull over so I could drive or I would've gotten sick.

Have you started to show yet: Yes. Some days I feel huge and others not so much. I don't know why it fluctuates and certain clothing makes me feel bigger.
 
Gender: Boy! Here is a photo from our ultrasound last week, he's giving us a thumbs up. I thought it was so cute!
Belly button in or out: In.

Wedding rings on or off: On.

Symptoms: Headaches and heartburn have been bad, but besides that I have been feeling great! I can't pin point what gives me heartburn because sometimes I will get it after eating cereal which is so bland.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy!
 
Looking forward to: Continuing to shop for the nursery. We bought a crib over the weekend. Everything is happening so fast and becoming so real, and I am loving every part of it. Also looking forward to getting my hair done this week.
 

3 comments:

  1. i didn't buy the body pillow they sell for preggo ladies..i just couldn't justify spending the money..so i got a target brand "body pillow" it worked just fine... its not in a "S" shape..just a longer pillow... it worked out great so I never had to give the other a try. YAY a crib!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny that Lily has felt the little man kick! Approx. 21 more weeks - it will fly by! You do look adorable! So fun that the room is coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a regular long pillow from target as well... Before that, I built myself a fort with pillows! Love the photo of lily!

    ReplyDelete