Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week 25 update

How far along: 25 weeks
Total weight gain: 18-20 lbs. I've had another growth spurt this week and so has baby. Its still weird seeing the scale go up day after day, but my Dr. says I'm doing fine with the weight gain and that it will taper off after 28 weeks. I hope so, I'm going to be in big trouble if I keep gaining 2-3lbs a week.

Maternity clothes: Still wearing a mix of maternity and pre-pregnancy clothes. I finally found some cute clothes at Destination Maternity and they were having a sale so I was able to get quite a bit. I still need maternity gym tops and pajamas.

Stretch marks: No, and hoping it stays that way. I'm alternating between using Palmer's cocoa butter, Mustela, and bio oil twice a day.

Sleep: Waking up more like 3-4 times in the night to use the restroom and its getting harder to fall asleep because I get so uncomfortable and hot. I'm still really sensitive with my pajamas, having to wear them inside out because the seams dig into me while sleeping and are so uncomfortable. I need to look for seamless or maternity pajamas.

Miss anything? I miss being comfortable. The feeling of a tight stomach is back and so uncomfortable. I really notice it when I'm sitting/driving or when I walk too much or too fast.

Exercise: I go to the gym for cardio and take a step/weight class once a week, do my pregnancy workout DVD a few times a week, and we take Lily on walks a few days a week. I've been pretty good at sticking to doing something active five days a week.

Movement: Yes! The kicks are becoming stronger and more often, more like jolts. You can really see him kick from the outside.

Food cravings: Nothing really but I've been loving peaches, ice cream, and ice water. I've been extra hungry and thirsty this week.

Anything make you queasy/sick? Car sickness

Have you started to show yet: Definitely.
 
Gender: Boy! We saw him at our ultrasound appt the other day and he is getting big! Measuring a week ahead of schedule and weighed 1lb 13oz.

Belly button in or out: In, but its getting shallow.

Wedding rings on or off: On but some days my wedding bands feel too tight, might be the hot weather this week because my watches also feel tighter.

Symptoms: Still getting headaches, but only during the work week. I'm convinced they're caused by driving and stress from work. I feel uncomfortable from a tight stomach and I have a faint line down my belly aka the linea nigra. Also getting "pregnancy mask"- I have a dark patch on my right cheek and forehead and have been wearing spf 30 everyday hoping it doesn't get worse.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy for the most part, but irritable when it comes strangers. I don't want anyone I don't know touching my belly and hate when they try to, especially guys. Two guys at two different accts tried touching my belly on the same day which set me off.

Looking forward to: Going to Illinois and getting my hair done this week. Also I got one of my baby shower invitations which made me SO excited for them! The invite is soo cute. We scheduled a 4D ultrasound and cannot wait for that which is in a few weeks.
 

4 comments:

  1. i had that loving line down my belly... it took a few months after delivery..and it finally left!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you Sunday for brunch!! I'm so excited I got to feel my first kick aka fist bump ever from Baby M. So cool! (I'm not a creepy dude, so hopefully it was ok I was rubbing the belly) Your shower invites are amazing, as will be your shower trust me. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good seeing you too and of course it was ok touching my bump! Glad baby cooperated so you could feel him! I cannot wait for the shower!

      Delete