Monday, June 10, 2013

Week 22 update

How far along: 22 weeks
Total weight gain: 14lbs

Maternity clothes: Still wearing a lot of maxi skirts & dresses and the belly band comes in handy when I wear my pre-pregnancy jeans & shorts.

Stretch marks: No, and hoping it stays that way. I'm alternating between using Palmer's cocoa butter, Mustela, and bio oil twice a day.

Sleep: Waking up 1 or 2 times in the night to use the restroom and waking up with a sore shoulder from sleeping on my side, and I've had a few nights where it was hard to fall back asleep but I still think I'm sleeping pretty well.

Miss anything? I still miss spicy tuna, I don't think that will go away until I can actually eat it. I also miss shopping for cute summer clothes and just being comfortable. I'm definitely getting to that uncomfortable stage especially after eating. I get full SO fast.

Exercise: I go to the gym for a step/weight class once a week, do my pregnancy workout DVD a few times a week, and we take Lily on walks a few days a week. I've been pretty good at sticking to doing something active five days a week.
 
Movement: The kicks are becoming stronger and more often. Andrew can tell that they're stronger too. Over the past two days I've felt him around my belly button, which is higher than normal.

Food cravings: Salads and sweets. I have a huge sweet tooth anyways so this really isn't any different. It was national donut day on Friday and we went to Krispy Kreme for the occasion and that really hit the spot!
Anything make you queasy/sick? Car sickness

Have you started to show yet: Yes and days like today I feel huge (the pic below was taken today.) I feel like I get bigger as the day goes on.
 
Gender: Boy!

Belly button in or out: In.

Wedding rings on or off: On.

Symptoms: Headaches have been so awful. Today is day #6 in a row of a throbbing headache. My Dr. said I can take Tylenol as needed but I am using it as a last resort. I've taken it a few times but feel guilty after. Cherries seem to help a little but does anyone have any tricks to get rid of headaches? Heartburn hasn't been as bad as last week. Bending down to put my shoes on is getting more difficult too. On a positive note my hair feels healthier and fuller and my face is free of acne (at the moment.)

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy!

Looking forward to: Continuing to shop for the nursery. The crib and dresser were delivered this weekend and Andrew put them together. Its coming along! Next will be paint and a ceiling fan. I'm not going to post any pictures of the nursery until it is all done. Also looking forward to getting a pre-natal massage this week. I hope that helps get rid of my headaches.
 

8 comments:

  1. Ok you are SO tiny with a perfect bump! Josh just said she'll lose the baby weight in like a week. You look perfect! See you next week love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet, thank you! Can't wait to see you!

      Delete
  2. Kristen is right - that bump IS perfect. You look adorable! It's time for a baby/grandma moment - I haven't felt him nor talked to him in two weeks!
    I know you don't like cucumbers; but try it plain, maybe with a tiny bit of salt as I've read several times it helps headaches. Try pickles. Hopefully your massage will help.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & I will try pickles! Can't do cucumber

      Delete
  3. have you tried peppermint tea? its caffeine free... or just smelling peppermint oil... ask when you go for your massage...i have frequent headaches..(TMJ) and just having the oil to smell...helps!!! they use it on me when i get massages... you are doing great working out!!! keep it going!! soo good for you and baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look SOOOOoOOOo CUTE! We need to see u and that perfect bump soon! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thank you. Can't wait to see you Sat!

    ReplyDelete