Monday, July 15, 2013

Week 27 update

How far along: 27 weeks... I can't believe I'm now in my 3rd trimester! Time is flying by!
Total weight gain: 23 lbs. Maybe I should stop weighing myself everyday because its getting depressing. It just scares me because I still have 13 weeks to go. Call me crazy but I don't feel like I've gained this much.

Maternity clothes: Still wearing a mix of maternity and pre-pregnancy clothes. I bought a flowy non-maternity gym top that I think will last til the end of pregnancy and I can wear it after baby.

Stretch marks: No, and hoping it stays that way. I'm alternating between using Palmer's cocoa butter, Mustela, and bio oil twice a day.

Sleep: Waking up more like 3-4 times in the night to use the restroom. I'm now waking up with shoulder and hip pain but it goes away quickly. It feels like I'm sore from a big workout.

Miss anything? I miss being comfortable. The feeling of a tight stomach is back and is so uncomfortable. I also miss raw sushi.

Exercise: I go to the gym for cardio a few times a week and take a step/weight class once a week, do my pregnancy workout DVD a few times a week, and we take Lily on walks a few days a week. I've been pretty good at sticking to doing something active five days a week.

Movement: Yes! The kicks are becoming stronger and more often, more like jolts, and I can feel him hiccuping. You can really see him kick from the outside. I love feeling him throughout the day.

Food cravings: Nothing really, but everything sounds good lately especially ice cream. I've also been loving Eggo waffles for breakfast and grapes.

Anything make you queasy/sick? Car sickness

Have you started to show yet: Definitely
 
Gender: Boy!

Belly button in or out: In, but its getting shallow.

Wedding rings on or off: On but some days my wedding bands feel too tight.

Symptoms: The headaches have subsided a bit thank goodness. I feel uncomfortable from a tight stomach and I have a faint line down my belly aka the linea nigra. Also getting "pregnancy mask"- I have a dark patch on my right cheek and forehead and have been wearing spf 30 everyday hoping it doesn't get worse. I'm now waking up with hip pain, which I read is common. Overall still feeling great and have a lot of energy most days.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy for the most part, but irritable when it comes strangers.
 
Looking forward to: Putting the nursery together. I ordered a few items and can't wait for them to get here. Also counting down to my baby showers!

2 comments:

  1. You are almost done! I can't wait for this little guy to arrive. I remember your brother use to hiccup all the time in the womb. You look FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are already in your third trimester! Cannot wait for your shower and for Baby M so arrive so we can overwhelm him with love (and prezzies!) Love you gorgeous mama to be - you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete