Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Visit to Illinois

We went to Illinois over the weekend to visit Andrew's family and friends. He's from Mackinaw, which is a small town about 2 1/2 hours south of Chicago. I always thought my hometown of La Verne (32,000 people) was a small town until I visited Mackinaw which is more like 1,500.

I didn't take too many pictures this trip since I've been there many times now, but here are some.

This pic was taken while driving to the neighboring city. Its a tractor that sprays pesticides on corn. Obviously I've never seen one of these driving down the road in California.
This is a view of the lake at Andrew's parents house.
One of the days, I went to lunch at a cute little tea room called the Depot with Andrew's mom and grandmas while he hung out with his dad. The Depot has really good food and is always filled with ladies lunching. This was my lunch- chicken tortilla soup, chicken salad, and white chocolate raspberry cheesecake- everything was delicious and I ate it all! (Except the croissant.)
I wanted a bump pic with Andrew since he's always the one taking them. (26 weeks here)
Here's a pic of the sunset over the corn fields.
 
Its always good seeing everyone, we had a good time. This was the last flight before the baby comes, its crazy how the time is flying by!

1 comment: