Monday, July 29, 2013

Week 29 update

How far along: 29 weeks
Total weight gain: 25 lbs

Maternity clothes: Still wearing a mix of maternity and pre-pregnancy clothes. I need maternity scrubs now. I was getting away with maternity scrub pants with a non-maternity top, but now that's not working anymore.

Stretch marks: No, and hoping it stays that way. I'm alternating between using Palmer's cocoa butter, Mustela, and bio oil twice a day.

Sleep: Waking up more like 3-4 times in the night to use the restroom. I'm waking up with hip pain but it goes away quickly. It feels like I'm sore from a big workout. Even though my sleep is interrupted a few times in the night, I'm getting 7-10 hours of sleep a night.

Miss anything? I miss being comfortable and feeling thin. Everything is harder now- getting dressed, putting shoes on, getting out of my car, and painting my toes in between pedicures is out of the question. I also miss raw sushi.

Exercise: I go to the gym for cardio a few times a week and take a step/weight class once a week, do my pregnancy workout DVD a few times a week, and we take Lily on walks a few days a week. I've been pretty good at sticking to doing something active five days a week.

Movement: The kicks are becoming stronger and more often, more like jolts. He's especially active when I'm laying on my side and sometimes it keeps me up at night. I've been starting to feel him slightly under my ribs and can feel an elbow or knee rolling. I don't see anything poking out yet but that area gets hard when he does it.

Food cravings: Chocolate milk, my first real craving in a long time. I drank 1/2 a gallon myself just in this past week which is so unlike me because I don't like milk unless its with cookies.

Anything make you queasy/sick? Car sickness.

Have you started to show yet: Definitely. I feel I wake up bigger everyday. Strangers now say stuff when they ask when I'm due like "you're going to have a big baby" and it really makes me mad. People are so rude.

Gender: Boy!

Belly button in or out: In, but its getting shallow.

Wedding rings on or off: On but some days my wedding bands feel too tight.

Symptoms: Heartburn is back, I feel uncomfortable from a tight stomach and I have a faint line down my belly aka the linea nigra. Also getting "pregnancy mask"- I have a dark patch on my right cheek and forehead and have been wearing spf 30 everyday hoping it doesn't get worse. I'm waking up with hip pain & I've been napping a lot. Also I have what I think is sciatica back pain, its only on my left side but is so painful.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy but get irritated easily

Looking forward to: Celebrating our 2nd anniversary tomorrow, getting my hair done tomorrow (I love getting my hair done), taking maternity pictures this week and getting my hair & make-up done for them, and my first baby shower on Saturday thrown by my girlfriends. This should be a fun week!

2 comments:

  1. Ignore the stupid people making ignorant comments about the size of you or the baby. You look terrific! I am looking forward to your shower Saturday too! Happy anniversary to you & Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved just going to the salon and having them shampoo and blow dry... it made me feel like a million bucks... okay so i might still do that now with a lil one! :) ohh looking forward to seeing the maternity pics! I love looking back at ours! soo glad we did it and so will you!

    ReplyDelete