Monday, July 22, 2013

Week 28 update

How far along: 28 weeks
Total weight gain: 23/24 lbs

Maternity clothes: Still wearing a mix of maternity and pre-pregnancy clothes. My mom & I went shopping the other day and I got some cute maternity dresses.

Stretch marks: No, and hoping it stays that way. I'm alternating between using Palmer's cocoa butter, Mustela, and bio oil twice a day.

Sleep: Waking up more like 3-4 times in the night to use the restroom. I'm now waking up with hip pain but it goes away quickly. It feels like I'm sore from a big workout. I've been more tired than normal lately and taking naps almost daily this past week.

Miss anything? I miss being comfortable, and as weird as it sounds I miss not feeling my thighs touch. Everything is harder now- getting dressed, putting shoes on, getting out of my car, and painting my toes in between pedicures is out of the question. I also miss raw sushi.

Exercise: I go to the gym for cardio a few times a week and take a step/weight class once a week, do my pregnancy workout DVD a few times a week, and we take Lily on walks a few days a week. I've been pretty good at sticking to doing something active five days a week.

Movement: Yes! The kicks are becoming stronger and more often, more like jolts. He's especially active when I'm laying on my side and sometimes it keeps me up at night. I've been starting to feel him slightly under my ribs. I love feeling him throughout the day. The books and websites I read say to start counting kicks/movement to make sure he is moving throughout the day.

Food cravings: Nothing really but I've been loving fruit, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, anything with avocados, and ice cream.

Anything make you queasy/sick? Car sickness

Have you started to show yet: Definitely. Here is a picture from the weekend when we went to brunch with our friends Josh & Anna. There is no hiding this belly.

Gender: Boy!

Belly button in or out: In, but its getting shallow.

Wedding rings on or off: On but some days my wedding bands feel too tight.

Symptoms: I feel uncomfortable from a tight stomach and I have a faint line down my belly aka the linea nigra. Also getting "pregnancy mask"- I have a dark patch on my right cheek and forehead and have been wearing spf 30 everyday hoping it doesn't get worse. I'm waking up with hip pain. I was more tired than normal last week and have been napping a lot.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy

Looking forward to: Seeing our baby this week at our 4D ultrasound appointment. I'm excited to get an idea of what our lil guy will look like. I ordered a few more items for the nursery and can't wait for them to arrive. Also counting down to my baby showers!
 


2 comments:

  1. You do look adorable!! Your dad and I cannot wait to go to the 4-D sonogram with you & Andrew! I too am looking forward to your showers! And, I too, as you know - have been shopping for this little nugget! It is all so exciting and now it is countdown time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for having lunch with us!! I also can't wait for your baby shower!

    I think its so sweet how your mom is so excited for her grand baby!! He's so loved!

    ReplyDelete