Monday, May 13, 2013

Week 18 update

How far along: 18 weeks
Total weight gain: 7lbs

Maternity clothes: Still loving the Target tank tops, and I finally found a white one. I must've gone to at least 7 stores trying to find my size. It has been hot so I have been wearing a lot of dresses.

Stretch marks: No, and hoping it stays that way. I'm alternating between using Palmer's cocoa butter, Mustela, and bio oil twice a day.

Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well. I haven't been as tired so I haven't needed to nap.

Miss anything? I really miss spicy tuna. I've found that if I get a crunchy roll (cooked shrimp tempura) and put a lot of Sriracha (my favorite Asian hot sauce) it almost tastes like spicy tuna... not quite but close enough for now. I also miss taking my kickboxing class.
Exercise: I'm still doing my pregnancy fitness DVDs, walking, and I went to the gym to do some cardio. I'm trying to do something active five days a week. I'm starting to get out of breath easier.

Movement: Yes! I felt tapping one day last week that I've never felt before, so I paid attention to it and it continued to happen every day since especially after I eat, while sitting, and laying down. The tapping has gotten a little stronger & more noticeable but can't be felt from the outside yet, even though Andrew tries to feel for it everyday. Its such a cool feeling I can't wait for him to feel it!

Food cravings: Still craving spicy food and my craving for fruit is back, but that might be because its been hot out and I always eat a ton of fruit in the summer. I made the huge mistake of eating a spicy chicken sandwich then immediately laying down which gave me the worst heartburn of my life. Even pickle juice (my go-to cure) didn't help, it was awful.

Anything make you queasy/sick? Still getting carsick easily, and hospital cafeterias still smell horrible. Andrew grilled chicken the other night and the smell was enough to make me feel nauseous. I guess I can only eat chicken if its not cooked in front of me or in a sandwich or burrito.

Have you started to show yet: Yes. I had my first stranger comment on my growing belly over the weekend. We got ice cream and I got one scoop there and took one scoop home, the worker at Baskin Robbins said "that one is for the baby." That's when I knew I must be showing, not just to people who know me.

Gender: Boy!

Belly button in or out: In.

Wedding rings on or off: On.

Symptoms: Feeling great!  I've been getting more headaches than normal but other than that I'm doing pretty good. For the past two weeks or so I've been dry heaving/gagging almost every morning. I don't feel nauseous which is why its so weird. I googled it and I guess its common for pregnant girls to have excess phlegm causing them to gag. Has anyone had this? Also I've been really forgetful & ditzy, I have to write to-do lists for everything. I guess that's what people call pregnancy brain.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy!

Looking forward to: We are going to Cabo with my parents next week and I'm really looking forward to that!
 

4 comments:

  1. i like that the siracha sauce is a huge photo!! lol. you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I always forget you can resize photos on here. Maybe I'll leave it huge since I love it so much haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no mistaking that you are pregnant! You look adorable.
    I can't wait to feel my grandson kick/move/roll over! I am going to start talking to him more since you said he can hear now. Your dad needs to speak Spanish to him. hehe.
    It is very odd that I have been 'craving' everything you have: burritos, spicy food, fruit, peanut butter, etc. haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thats funny my cravings are rubbing off on you. And thank you

      Delete