Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The cat's out of the bag!

The cat is officially out of the bag... we're having a baby!!!
 
I must say its pretty relieving not having to keep such a big secret from so many people but yay its out now and we are SO excited! I am 12 weeks and Baby Miller is due on October 13th.  We've heard the baby's heartbeat a few times now which was so amazing! Also the past two visits to the Dr, our little peanut has been so active it makes us think we're going to have one wild child on our hands. 

Here is the first ultrasound pic we got at 6 weeks and immediately fell in love with our little sweet pea sized blessing!


This picture is from today's 12 week ultrasound. Wow how Baby Miller has grown!  Now the size of a plum.

This website is great and shows how big the baby is at each week: http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/articles/how-big-is-baby.aspx?MsdVisit=1

These pictures were taken on Easter, at 12 weeks. 
 
 
First trimester in a nutshell (I can't believe its over!)
  • I consider myself pretty lucky since I haven't really had morning sickness... more like car sickness or get me away from a bad smell ASAP or I will be sick- especially hospital cafeterias while working. Thats been the worst!
  • I've been dependent on daily naps after work up until this past week. Energy is picking up and I have started working out again, not just walking.
  • I've been breaking out like a teenager so bad that even facials every four weeks haven't fixed. 
  • My size 26 jeans still fit, but I see that coming to an end soon... really soon.
  • Cravings:  Bean & cheese burritos (I joke that the baby will come out 100% Mexican because of this- haha), smoothies, bagels & cream cheese, and strawberries. I have not been wanting meat, especially steak, but In N Out hit the spot the other day- yum!
 

 
Next blog post will be how we told our families the exciting news!

3 comments:

  1. I love the legs on this little gem that show in the 12 week sonogram. XOXO
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy for you! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete