Saturday, April 6, 2013

You're going to be a...

We told our parents and brothers the exciting news shortly after we found out ourselves. This is the first grandbaby on both sides, and our brothers will be first time uncles. Very exciting! It must be mothers intuition because both of our moms suspected that I was pregnant.

You're going to be a grandparent!
We told my parents we were going to dinner with some friends who live by them and that we were going to stop by before.  We handed them a shopping bag and said we saw something we thought they would like.  Inside the bag was a jar of Prego spaghetti sauce.  My mom got that I was "prego" instantly and was screaming "I knew it" and jumping up and down with excitement while my dad was still trying to figure out why we gave him a jar of spaghetti sauce.  Then it clicked and out came the champagne (and water for me) to celebrate the news!

 

Andrew's parents were vacationing in Florida when we sent them a framed ultrasound picture to tell them the news.  As soon as Andrew got conformation that the package was delivered, he was checking his phone every five minutes for the call. They were out fishing all day, so he got the call congratulating us that evening.  
 
 
Easter announcement
After church and brunch, we made the call to our grandparents letting them know they have a great grandbaby on the way!  Since we were going to see my grandparents and family on my mom's side later that day, we figured that would be a good time to tell them. I handed each person an Easter egg instructing them not to open it until everyone had one.  Inside the egg was a toy baby rattle and blue, pink, and yellow M&Ms. Upon opening the eggs, there were lots of hugs, congratulations, and some tears of joy.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment