Monday, April 29, 2013

Week 16 update

How far along: 16 weeks
Total weight gain: 5lbs

Maternity clothes: Well I finally went maternity clothes shopping with my mom and it was kind of disappointing and frustrating. It was so hard to find cute clothes that I would normally wear but that can accommodate my growing belly. Not only were the clothes expensive but they made me feel 20 years older. I did find two pairs of shorts from Destination Maternity and some tank tops from Target that are super soft and don't look like maternity shirts. I hope I have better luck in the future otherwise I'll be living in maxi skirts & dresses, which at this point I'd be 100% ok with.

Stretch marks: No, and hoping it stays that way. I'm alternating between using Palmer's cocoa butter, Mustela, and bio oil twice a day.

Sleep: It has been hard to fall back asleep when I wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. There were a few nights where I was tossing & turning for two hours. Maybe that's one reason why I've been so tired this week.

Miss anything? Sushi, especially spicy tuna and yellowtail sashimi. When we go out to eat sushi, a shrimp tempura roll is just not the same. Also miss shopping for cute summer clothes.

Exercise: I'm still doing my pregnancy fitness DVDs and walking. I'm trying to do something active five days a week but I didn't get back into the gym last week.

Movement: None yet, but waiting for those flutters everyone talks about!

Food cravings: I didn't really have any cravings besides lemonade, preferably from Chick-fil-A, or strawberry lemonade. My appetite really increased and pretty much anything sounded good to me.

Anything make you queasy/sick? Still getting carsick easily, and hospital cafeterias still smell horrible.

Have you started to show yet: Definitely yes, I went through a major growth spurt this week. I especially noticed it Saturday & Sunday. This baby clearly wants to be seen now! I can't believe the difference in last weeks bump picture to this weeks. (See the photo below)
 
Gender: We find out tomorrow!!
 
Belly button in or out: In.

Wedding rings on or off: On.

Symptoms: Round ligament pain (worse than ever), lower back pain, and I've been extra tired and hungry this week. I think all of these are probably because of my major growth spurt. I also developed a toothache, which I didn't know is a common symptom for around 16 weeks. Coincidentally I have a dentist appt next week, I hope its not a cavity.

Happy or moody most of the time: Moody... more like irritable, almost everyone and everything annoyed me.

Looking forward to: Finding out if Baby Miller is a boy or girl! Shopping for Baby Miller, and seeing some girlfriends on Saturday for lunch and the Pasadena Showcase.
 

4 comments:

  1. I seriously can't wait until you find out.. because I keep going back n forth... Today I think its a boy. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my gums did some bleeding...ugh! nosebleeds too...its soooooo much fun :) yayayaya today is the day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopping with you was FUN! You look adorable in maternity clothes!! You should embrace the new tummy - it's adorable. You look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete